The Tigress’s Wake

Post your decklists, dissect the meta, and gripe about OP cards.
SolomanMedici

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating
Term 1
Medals:5
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
The Tigress’s Wake

Post by SolomanMedici » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Horizon Jeff, the Errata and FAQ 1.0 sheet makes reference to a card called "The Tigress’s Wake".
I don't see this card an any of my decks or deck lists. Has it been issued yet?
“I don't always play card games, but when I do I play Traveller CCG”
-- The Most Interesting Man in the Imperium

Baron_Gerry_Rail

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating YouTube
Term 1

Re: The Tigress’s Wake

Post by Baron_Gerry_Rail » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 am

It was some sort of promo that you added to your KS pledge/order. I have 7 copies of it somehow, so I know I got it. Why I ordered 7, I have NO idea. Even then I knew I only needed 3 per deck. Perhaps I got 6 so that I could go head-to-head with a friend using my cards who needed 3 in their customized deck.
1) :tech+ :admin-
2) "Travelling" since 1978.
3) tc+, mt, 23++, ru+, ge+, 3I++, c, jt+, au, ls, pi+, ta+, he, kk, hi, as+, va+, dr+, ith-. vr,ne??, so+, zh+, vl+, da+,sy++
4) Homeport: Toronto/Canada/Terra/Sol/Solomani Rim

SolomanMedici

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating
Term 1

Post by SolomanMedici » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Huh. Thank you my lord Baron. I guess that the Tigress doesn't patrol in my sector.
No wonder I have so many pirates. :(
“I don't always play card games, but when I do I play Traveller CCG”
-- The Most Interesting Man in the Imperium

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:03 pm

The Tigress's Wake and First Empire Star Jumper were cards we made for Marc Miller, when he ran a promotion to publicize the Kickstarter. We weren't involved in the distribution of the cards from Marc.

It was originally our intention (and it remains so) to use Tigress's Wake, First Empire Star Jumper and Recruitment! as prizes for sanctioned events. People running sanctioned events would get what's called a tournament kit with prize support to distribute, and that's the primary method we expect to make those cards available.

However, a small number were provided to backers whose orders included the discontinued sleeve designs. I'm not sure if there was exactly a planned rationale to what ended up going out or if the factory just grabbed a few cards that were nearby while packing, but the intention was to provide one promo for every substituted sleeve pack.

Baron_Gerry_Rail

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating YouTube
Term 1

Post by Baron_Gerry_Rail » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:37 am

And I had ordered lots of sleeve packs, and then never corrected my order once the sleeves for the ships were cancelled in October. So that's the explanation there.

Where do we sign up to run event packs? I have an FLGS/OLGS place that I can run events at. Or are I ahead of the curve on that, as you're still distributing corrections and getting retail distribution ready?
1) :tech+ :admin-
2) "Travelling" since 1978.
3) tc+, mt, 23++, ru+, ge+, 3I++, c, jt+, au, ls, pi+, ta+, he, kk, hi, as+, va+, dr+, ith-. vr,ne??, so+, zh+, vl+, da+,sy++
4) Homeport: Toronto/Canada/Terra/Sol/Solomani Rim

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:07 pm

You can submit events using our event submission form. Once approved, the event will show up on our Event Calendar.

Right now we don't actually have tournament packs to give out, but when that changes we'll let you know.