Updated Traveller DB!!

Post your decklists, dissect the meta, and gripe about OP cards.
Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Updated Traveller DB!!

Post by Cpt Ric » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 am

Big shout out to Warfgn for doing some really fantastic updates on the Traveller DB. Fixing several errors on cards in the DB to match the real cards and also some new searching options for subtypes on cards. Which means that for :upgrade, :connection and :gear you can now search for their subtype:
:computer :hardpoint :hull :internal and
:ally :locale :organization and
:alteration :armor :gadget :vehicle :weapon

SWWEEEETT!!

Thanks for all your work on keeping this up to date and easy to use!

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: Updated Traveller DB!!

Post by Horizon Jeff » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Cpt Ric wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 am
Big shout out to Warfgn for doing some really fantastic updates on the Traveller DB. Fixing several errors on cards in the DB to match the real cards and also some new searching options for subtypes on cards. Which means that for :upgrade, :connection and :gear you can now search for their subtype:
:computer :hardpoint :hull :internal and
:ally :locale :organization and
:alteration :armor :gadget :vehicle :weapon

SWWEEEETT!!

Thanks for all your work on keeping this up to date and easy to use!
Very much echo these sentiments! It's honestly impossible to overstate how incredible the deckbuilder website is. Ian and I use it all the time during our development discussions!

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12

Post by Wargfn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks Guys. I am out of search key space. So if we need anything else, I will have to convert everything into two digit keys, which in PHP has its own issues.

I would like to remind everyone that I am also still working on the Tabletop Simulator module for TravellerCCG, which is directly integrated into TravellerDB. you can directly import your deck using the deck importer OR export it from the site as a saved object that can be easily loaded into the module.

Your Buddy Chester

Free Trader Network Member Event Organizer Event Participant
Term 1
Medals:3

Post by Your Buddy Chester » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Yo, Warfgn -
Is there a way to include a list/matrix or DB flag that would list all the Adventures and which Ships they work best with?

A matrix would be EXTREMELY helpful when deckbuilding. Instead of guessing, I could simply consult the matrix by ship, then walk down the list of 'best' Adventures to assign to that deck. This would be especially helpful in terms of determining my future purchases.

e.g. I've made up my favorite decks and have a pile of left over cards - what would be the best choices out of the left over pile to grab (or do I need to look up in the DB to determine which set I need to pick up in order to maximize the adventures I have or ship I need)?

e.g. I'm unhappy with a deck I'm working on and just can't seem to figure which adventures would get me there - am I using something I shouldn't with this ship?

e.g. (fill in problem this info would help with)

You get the idea...

Your Buddy Chester

Free Trader Network Member Event Organizer Event Participant
Term 1
Medals:3

Post by Your Buddy Chester » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Yo, Warfgn -
Is there a way to include a list/matrix or DB flag that would list all the Adventures and which Ships they work best with?

A matrix would be EXTREMELY helpful when deckbuilding. Instead of guessing, I could simply consult the matrix by ship, then walk down the list of 'best' Adventures to assign to that deck. This would be especially helpful in terms of determining my future purchases.

e.g. I've made up my favorite decks and have a pile of left over cards - what would be the best choices out of the left over pile to grab (or do I need to look up in the DB to determine which set I need to pick up in order to maximize the adventures I have or ship I need)?

e.g. I'm unhappy with a deck I'm working on and just can't seem to figure which adventures would get me there - am I using something I shouldn't with this ship?

e.g. (fill in problem this info would help with)

You get the idea...

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12

Post by Wargfn » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:13 pm

Actually, there is a handy little way to do this. Each of the cards has the ability to have A) Errata and Clarifications, which could put this information there. OR B) You could write a review for each of the Ship cards and list the Adventure cards that you think work best for that ship, then there can be a discussion and more comments.

Option A would require that I write a small errata for each of the ships based on a consensus or a list that should be blessed by Jeff or Ian.
Option B would require that you just write a review for the ship card. Which all you have to do is click the "Write a review" button and let your thoughts rip., Then others could write a review to review your review. And all you would need to see them is open that ship card up.

This card has a copy of both types on it, The Tigress's Wake