Default deck lists

Post your decklists, dissect the meta, and gripe about OP cards.
Rodent

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Facebook
Medals:4
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Default deck lists

Post by Rodent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am

Hi

Noob question. Is there a published list of the default deck lists ie lists of the cards that come in each pack? I'm keen to try building a deck but want to reset to the defaults as required. I could generate my own lists but I'm guessing someone already has done this.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is a "stupid" question,

Ian

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: Default deck lists

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am

Rodent wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am
Hi

Noob question. Is there a published list of the default deck lists ie lists of the cards that come in each pack? I'm keen to try building a deck but want to reset to the defaults as required. I could generate my own lists but I'm guessing someone already has done this.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is a "stupid" question,

Ian
You can find the deck lists on the product's listing in the store, on the "Additional Information" tab?

Rodent

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Facebook
Medals:4

Post by Rodent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Thank you. Found it.

JasonT

Kickstarter Backer Community Honor Early Contributor Facebook YouTube
Term 1
Medals:5

Post by JasonT » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:47 am

<shameless plug>
you could also use the deck/inventory tracker that someone has very helpfully put together and that can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30
</shameless plug>

:admin+
"woof woof!" - and that's my other Vagr impersonation

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 am

As with the card sets in other constructed deck games, like Magic: The Gathering or Game of Thrones, Traveller's ship decks are not meant to be preserved "intact" in their original state.

Of course, anyone is free to play with whatever cards they may desire, and we realize especially at first, or for people with no interest in deck building, captains may stick with the pre-packaged ship decks. But these decks were put out primarily to increase the number and variety of cards within general circulation, rather than as coherent, internally supportive products.

We expect ship decks to provide a base line of functionality such that a new captain could play one with a reasonable chance of success, but we don't expect the Subsidized Merchant deck (for instance) to be a kind of baseline for all Subsidized Merchant play.

In fact, some of the ship decks include cards that, at least to some degree, don't interact well with the rest of the deck. Some examples are Prof. Isaacs, Cyberneticist or Dr. Peter L.S. Trevor, Xenobiologist, neither of whom are able to meaningfully employ their crew ability in their default deck.

We supply card lists so people can judge the contents and desirability of a product. If players find those lists useful to them for other reasons, that's great. But we just want to make sure that our captains understand that we didn't intend, and we don't expect, it to be necessary for ship decks to return to or maintain their original contents.

Lukiedew
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Default deck lists

Post by Lukiedew » Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Hey. I am also getting this problem. Every deck I try to view is just spinning with the loading circle. Any word on a fix for this yet?

Horizon Ian

Term 3

Post by Horizon Ian » Sat May 18, 2019 7:32 am

I just tried checking out the product details. I didn't notice anything unusual. Hopefully, just a temporary phenomenon.
:connection
Ian Lee
Lead Developer
:connection