Staring an "official" event

General Discussion regarding our organized play community, the Free Trader Network
Frewfrux

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Facebook
Term 3
Medals:6
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Staring an "official" event

Post by Frewfrux » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:16 pm

How does one go about starting an "official" event?
tn+ru+ge+!3ic-jt-au+pita*he+

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: Staring an "official" event

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:51 pm

As far as scheduling goes, you just head over to the Add Event page. If you meant more in terms of what you should do, generally there are three main kinds of events (though there's some overlap between them):

Demonstration events (Demo) are meant primarily for new players, as an opportunity to learn the game. The organizer is expected to provide all necessary materials for participants since for most if not all, this would be their first exposure to the game.

Casual play is open to all experience levels and may include some brand new players, but it is also an appropriate event for established players to attend with constructed decks. A weekly gaming day is a good analog for these events. Some players may be new, some may be experienced.

Competitive/Organized play, commonly but not necessarily tournaments, are primarily meant for more experienced players with their own cards and decks, though depending on the resources and the willingness of organizers, brand new players may be supported.

Apologies if all this is known to you, I wasn't sure entirely of the scope of your question.

Frewfrux

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Facebook
Term 3

Post by Frewfrux » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 am

Could a repeatable event be added to the calendar? Would a separate instance need to be added each time it occurs?

Frewfrux

Term 3

Post by Frewfrux » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 pm

I tried adding an event, but it said my email was invalid. I have a '+' in my email, but I guess I can use one of my emails that doesn't have that. Just letting you know in case you want to adjust the filter. ('+' can be a valid character for email addresses.)

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Frewfrux wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 am
Could a repeatable event be added to the calendar? Would a separate instance need to be added each time it occurs?
We currently have a cheaper version of the calendar plug in, which doesn't let us set repeatable events. I'll look to upgrade at some point in the future, but for now I'll just have to put them in by hand.