Invulnerability to Crew, Gear and Heroics

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
SolomanMedici

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating
Term 1
Medals:5
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Invulnerability to Crew, Gear and Heroics

Post by SolomanMedici » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm

If a :crew card has the text: Invulnerable to crew abilities, would that invulnerability extend to :gear attached to a :crew trying to affect the invulnerable :crew?
Two examples come to mind. First, an attacker has an attached Body Pistol which grants the crew ability :combat- and allows the attacker to :use to inflict :wounds.
In the second case the attacker has an attached TL-13 CLC Laser Rifle which does not grant any skill, but which can also be :use to inflict :wounds.
Would the targets invulnerability to crew abilities protect it from :wounds from either or both of these attacks?

As a further question, am I right in assuming that invulnerability to crew abilities would also protect from :heroics effects, since these are fundamentally attached to crew abilities?
“I don't always play card games, but when I do I play Traveller CCG”
-- The Most Interesting Man in the Imperium

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Invulnerability to Crew, Gear and Heroics

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 pm

SolomanMedici wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm
If a :crew card has the text: Invulnerable to crew abilities, would that invulnerability extend to :gear attached to a :crew trying to affect the invulnerable :crew?
Two examples come to mind. First, an attacker has an attached Body Pistol which grants the crew ability :combat- and allows the attacker to :use to inflict :wounds.
In the second case the attacker has an attached TL-13 CLC Laser Rifle which does not grant any skill, but which can also be :use to inflict :wounds.
Would the targets invulnerability to crew abilities protect it from :wounds from either or both of these attacks?

As a further question, am I right in assuming that invulnerability to crew abilities would also protect from :heroics effects, since these are fundamentally attached to crew abilities?
Invulnerable to crew abilities would only protect against abilities on :crew cards. You would need Invulnerable to gear abilities, Invulnerable to :heroics...