Jeeves

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
Frewfrux

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Facebook
Term 3
Medals:6
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Jeeves

Post by Frewfrux » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Does spending a :cargopassenger to meet a :passenger requirement count for Jeeves' added :credit2 cost?
tn+ru+ge+!3ic-jt-au+pita*he+

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: Jeeves

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:46 am

Yes. In fact, it would count even if you spent it for the :cargo.

The rulebook on page 28 states:
"Unless otherwise specified, advanced capabilities count, for all purposes, as both of the basic capabilities that make up its components. Thus, a :passengermilitary counts as both a :military and a :passenger and would be affected by any card or effect that encompassed either capability."
So if you spent a :cargopassenger to fulfill a :cargo, as far as Jeeves is concerned, you're spending a :passenger. He doesn't care what you're spending it on.

This illustrates an important concept. When advanced capabilities are spent to fulfil basic capability costs/requirements, they don't simply become the basic capability. It's not like :cargopassenger turns into just :cargo because you only want the :cargo half.

SolomanMedici

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating
Term 1
Medals:5

Re: Jeeves

Post by SolomanMedici » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:46 am
It's not like :cargopassenger turns into just :cargo because you only want the :cargo half.
Good point. I would probably have misplayed that. More wishful thinking on my part.
Just another reason for the crew to respond to Jeeves with "Eww...".
“I don't always play card games, but when I do I play Traveller CCG”
-- The Most Interesting Man in the Imperium