Traits

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
samuelcollins

Free Trader Network Member
Medals:1
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator
Traits

Post by samuelcollins » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Is there a specific place that describes traits? I know that certain cards may have effects on certain traits, but it seems to me certain traits probably have some effective game rules somewhere.
For example, a :gear that has the :vehicle subtype, and has the space trait (I am thinking about the gun ship, can't off hand recall the cards name). This when equipped on a crew member would (I think) allow the :crew to attack other ships (such as an opponent's ship or the buccaneer :complication ). I don't think a :crew can attack another :ship with just a :weapon . This all makes logical sense, I am probably just missing the rule somewhere.
Thanks for any clarification. Awesome game.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Traits

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi samuelcollins, thanks for the question! Traits have no inherent impact on the game or any default effect. However, some cards may have abilities that involve traits.

In your example, the :linkopen :gear :vehicle :linkedclose with space is able to attack the enemy :ship because of an ability it has, and it would be able to do so whether it had the trait or not, so long as it had the ability.