Question about Promo Cards....

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
Mithgiladan

Shadow Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution
Term 1
Medals:2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator
Question about Promo Cards....

Post by Mithgiladan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:30 pm

OK,

So, I am now in "Taxi is almost here" and the card sets are coming with me to South America for two weeks...

But I have to ask this question.
I tend to be a completest. So, if it exists for Traveller, I have it or will add it soon.
One of my issues with "Collectable" card games is that I can't get limited edition cards, and Promotional cards I also can't order bother me too.

So, how does one get promotional cards if they've only just started buying into the game and learned we're being punishedfor not having a time machine?
tc+ mt+ mgt tn t20 t4 t5 tg th tccg ru+ ge+ 3i C jt- au+ ls pi ta- he+ KK hi+ as++ va+ dr ith vr ne so h vi da sy
www.usedstarships.com

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Question about Promo Cards....

Post by Horizon Jeff » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm

We're more than happy to supply promo cards as prize support for events at conventions or regular play groups and demos open to the public like game stores.

If you're interested in helping demo the game or run a game group, we'd love to send you some promos as prize support and for yourself as well, and if that's something you'd like to do, PM me or send an email to contact@travellerccg.com.

Otherwise, your best bet is either ebay, because sometimes a Kickstarter backer who did get promos will sell theirs, or else find someone else running an event at a con or game store similar to what I described above.

Mithgiladan

Shadow Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution
Term 1
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by Mithgiladan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Hmmm,

As a Completist, I can understand "early and limited" release of Promo cards for those who gave you a hand up or traveled to meet you...

But, in the end, I can't, or could not, do all of those things. So, your answer amounts to "pound salt" :(

I would recommend considering a "re-release date" option where players who find the game to have merit can eventually get a copy of every card.

Respectfully,
Marc Grossman
tc+ mt+ mgt tn t20 t4 t5 tg th tccg ru+ ge+ 3i C jt- au+ ls pi ta- he+ KK hi+ as++ va+ dr ith vr ne so h vi da sy
www.usedstarships.com

Horizon Ian

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 3
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by Horizon Ian » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 am

For various card games I have played, not every promo card was available for sale from the publisher.

For instance, there were promo cards specifically provided either as event prizes or for volunteer activity. At this point, that is our philosophy for some of the promo cards, so access would be limited to volunteer activity, such as running events, or participating in an event with prize support or finding someone else who possesses copies and is interested in trading or selling.

At Origins, I gave out various promo cards that you may be missing. There are a few that are being reserved to provide some level of exclusivity to those particular cards.

Perhaps, we should list out the intent with the various promo cards so there's more clarity on best methods to acquire.
:connection
Ian Lee
Lead Developer
:connection