Predatory Tactics - can you replenish it when attacking a virtual ship on a complication?

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator
Predatory Tactics - can you replenish it when attacking a virtual ship on a complication?

Post by pvanniervp » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi, everyone,

Predatory Tactics reads:

Target :ship gains :av +1 and :dv +1 until end of round.
If the target of this card is your :ship and you inflict 1 or more damage this round as the attacker, Replenish this card

Can I replenish this card when dealing with combat against a virtual ship as part of a complication, provided the conditions listed on the complication card include an attack value? Or are you not considered to have dealt damage in such a scenario?

And sorry if this is a silly question, I just got the game and this question arose in my mind!

Many thanks!

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Predatory Tactics - can you replenish it when attacking a virtual ship on a complication?

Post by Cpt Ric » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:52 pm

pvanniervp wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:17 pm
Hi, everyone,

Predatory Tactics reads:

Target :ship gains :av +1 and :dv +1 until end of round.
If the target of this card is your :ship and you inflict 1 or more damage this round as the attacker, Replenish this card

Can I replenish this card when dealing with combat against a virtual ship as part of a complication, provided the conditions listed on the complication card include an attack value? Or are you not considered to have dealt damage in such a scenario?

And sorry if this is a silly question, I just got the game and this question arose in my mind!

Many thanks!
Yes you can replenish the card. The key is you are attacking. You can decided if you are the attacker or defender in this situation. Which is important. If you want to use Defensive Mines, you can declare yourself the defender when in combat with a :ship from a :complication.

pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Predatory Tactics - can you replenish it when attacking a virtual ship on a complication?

Post by pvanniervp » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:17 pm

Excellent, thank you so much for the prompt reply!
And thanks for the Defensive Mines example; that helps!