3PL - can it remove an advanced capability with cargo?

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator
3PL - can it remove an advanced capability with cargo?

Post by pvanniervp » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:40 am

Hello to all,

3PL's event ability allows the player to remove from play a target :complication that has a :cargo requirement. Can this event be used to remove a target :complication that has :cargopassenger as well?
The rules do say that an advanced capability counts as both its basic capability components and would be affected by any card or effect that encompassed either capability, so I'm assuming the answer to the above question is yes, but I just wanted to double-check here first.

Many thanks!

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: 3PL - can it remove an advanced capability with cargo?

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:44 am

pvanniervp wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:40 am
Hello to all,

3PL's event ability allows the player to remove from play a target :complication that has a :cargo requirement. Can this event be used to remove a target :complication that has :cargopassenger as well?
The rules do say that an advanced capability counts as both its basic capability components and would be affected by any card or effect that encompassed either capability, so I'm assuming the answer to the above question is yes, but I just wanted to double-check here first.

Many thanks!
Yes you can. Unless otherwise specified, advanced capabilities count as both types for all purposes. So anything that would affect a :cargo will also affect a :cargopassenger unless specifically excepted.

pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: 3PL - can it remove an advanced capability with cargo?

Post by pvanniervp » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:45 am

Perfect; thank you, Jeff!