Confusing Cards

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
Horizon Ian

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 3
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Confusing Cards

Post by Horizon Ian » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:47 pm

We could use some help with identifying every card that is confusing. Whether it's ambiguous, counterintuitive, assumes rules knowledge that isn't obvious, or whatever, we want to do a onetime clean up.

Contingency, for instance, is just really confusing because it tries to fit a complicated effect on a card.

Cognition Wafer may not confuse you all as much as it confuses us, but it's on our list.

The recent question about Skeletal Replacement. Okay, that wasn't that recent. We've been moving slow.

We want to take a look this month.
:connection
Ian Lee
Lead Developer

Traveller-Jake

Free Trader Network Member Easter Egg
Term 1

Re: Confusing Cards

Post by Traveller-Jake » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:21 am

I'm a bit confused as to whether cards that target a :complication with a specific trait, like Extrapolated Readings or Negotiated Non-Aggression, can be used on a face-down :complication or whether it has to be revealed first. There are cards that let a player look at an unrevealded :complication without revealing them. Can he then use one of these cards to remove it before it is revealed? What happens if such a player makes a mistake and the unrevealded :complication doesn't have the trait that allows him to use one of these action cards to remove it?

Horizon Ian

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 3

Re: Confusing Cards

Post by Horizon Ian » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Adding to my list of things that should be clearer.

At the moment, treat face down cards as if they have no text that can be interacted with even if you know what they are. Jeff and I are planning on meeting soon and we will review.
Ian Lee
Lead Developer