Q-Ship Conversion: will this upgrade's effect still exist if the upgrade gets destroyed after the effect was generated?

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator
Q-Ship Conversion: will this upgrade's effect still exist if the upgrade gets destroyed after the effect was generated?

Post by pvanniervp » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:46 am

Hello to the community,

This :upgrade allows me to :exert it and pay :credit2 in order to provide +4 :av until the end of the round.

Let's say I generate this effect early in the round, and later on I encounter a complication that requires me to jettison an upgrade.
If the upgrade is destroyed will the effect still apply or is it automatically lost as soon as the upgrade is no longer in play?

Thanks for your time and help.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Q-Ship Conversion: will this upgrade's effect still exist if the upgrade gets destroyed after the effect was generat

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 am

pvanniervp wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:46 am
Hello to the community,

This :upgrade allows me to :exert it and pay :credit2 in order to provide +4 :av until the end of the round.

Let's say I generate this effect early in the round, and later on I encounter a complication that requires me to jettison an upgrade.
If the upgrade is destroyed will the effect still apply or is it automatically lost as soon as the upgrade is no longer in play?

Thanks for your time and help.
Thanks for the question! Because the effect lasts until the end of the round, it will persist even if the :upgrade is removed from play. Contrast this with the Narda Laser for instance, that card only provides :av while it is in play (and ready).

pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Q-Ship Conversion: will this upgrade's effect still exist if the upgrade gets destroyed after the effect was generat

Post by pvanniervp » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:27 am

Thanks for taking the time to confirm!