Ship is at maximum crew. Mark Appleton is one of them. Can I jettison him to bring in a 3-cost crew member?

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator
Ship is at maximum crew. Mark Appleton is one of them. Can I jettison him to bring in a 3-cost crew member?

Post by pvanniervp » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:50 am

I'm playing with the Empress Marava Far Trader ship, which has room for four crew members.
My crew slots are maxed out.

One of the crew members is Mark Appleton, whose special ability allows me to jettison him for 3 :ev if he's ready.

Is it legal to jettison him in order to pay for, and bring into play, a 3-cost crew member?

Thanks for your help.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Ship is at maximum crew. Mark Appleton is one of them. Can I jettison him to bring in a 3-cost crew member?

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:01 pm

pvanniervp wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:50 am
I'm playing with the Empress Marava Far Trader ship, which has room for four crew members.
My crew slots are maxed out.

One of the crew members is Mark Appleton, whose special ability allows me to jettison him for 3 :ev if he's ready.

Is it legal to jettison him in order to pay for, and bring into play, a 3-cost crew member?

Thanks for your help.
Yup. That's not only legal, it's pretty smart!

pvanniervp
Term 2
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Ship is at maximum crew. Mark Appleton is one of them. Can I jettison him to bring in a 3-cost crew member?

Post by pvanniervp » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:54 am

Perfect, thank you!