SureShot Missile Turret

A place to find, request and discuss rulings and errata.
SolomanMedici

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating
Term 1
Medals:5
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
SureShot Missile Turret

Post by SolomanMedici » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:58 pm

The SureShot Missile Turret has two functions. First, it can be :exert as a :reaction to add :av . Secondly it can Jettison: to resolve a :complication .
If one has :exert the card, can one then jettison it for the second effect later in the same round?
I suspect one can, but then my suspects are sometimes suspect.
“I don't always play card games, but when I do I play Traveller CCG”
-- The Most Interesting Man in the Imperium

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: SureShot Missile Turret

Post by Horizon Jeff » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:03 am

This is instructive of a general concept. When a card has multiple abilities, each can be generated individually, provided you can meet the costs. Since the jettison ability doesn't require you to :exert, you can use it even when the card is exerted.

Many cards have multiple abilities. Sometimes, as in the case of Vorn Drusus, each has :exert as part of the cost. This means you must either choose which to use, or find a way to :ready the card. Others, like George Zamepiimakha (no clue if that's spelled right) do not require the card to :exert.

When you start moving beyond the preconstructed decks to building your own, you're going to want to look at the abilities on the cards, and their costs. Where do they compete with each other, or with other cards? If you :exert a :crew, that :crew isn't going to be able to do a :heroics, as one example. So if you're running a lot of crew abilities requiring :exert, you may not include as many :heroics or :gear (if you're interested in their :use).

SolomanMedici

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Boardgamegeek Rating
Term 1
Medals:5

Post by SolomanMedici » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks Horizon Jeff, that was just the clarification I was looking for.
I expect to have one more game with pre-constructed decks, then it will be time to get creative...
“I don't always play card games, but when I do I play Traveller CCG”
-- The Most Interesting Man in the Imperium

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:03 pm

SolomanMedici wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:48 pm
Thanks Horizon Jeff, that was just the clarification I was looking for.
I expect to have one more game with pre-constructed decks, then it will be time to get creative...
Let us know what you end up making! I'm aware a lot of people are comfortable just using the precons, and that's perfectly fine. But customizable card games really come into their own as a genre when you get to see the ideas players come up with.