Online Play Session

Find players, arrange a game, or announce an upcoming local event
Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Online Play Session

Post by Wargfn » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:01 am

I am interested in organizing an Online Play Session for mid-April, around 4/12 - 4/15. What is required to participate:
:credit1 Google Hangouts, video and voice sharing required.
:credit2 Web Camera pointed at your Playmat
:credit3 Undecided Chat Program.
:credit4 A Ship Deck constructed to current Ship Deck Rules (20 Adventure Cards, 40 Captain Cards, 1 Ship Card)

How Does It Work?:
Each player will log onto the (undecided chat program) and randomly get an opponent based on people available. When two people are paired up, one will be picked to 'mother' between the two players. The person 'mothering' will be responsible for tracking contracts and complications in play as well as their play area. The other player will be responsible for tracking their play area. No Information in the play area is 'hidden' unless the cards should be face down and unknown. i.e. unrevealed complication. For complications played face down, a marker should be placed on the contract and clearly visible in the play area of that contract. Face down contracts should be placed with a corresponding marker in the play area and visible at all times. At the moment, I think we will be playing 1 offs, but this is subject to change.

Anyone wanting to test setups and equipment, please feel free to contact me via email or PM, prior to the event.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: Online Play Session

Post by Horizon Jeff » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Sounds interesting!

I'm actually traveling for my sister's birthday that weekend, but it still may be possible to scrape a computer and webcam together.

Have you done this before with other card games? If so, how well does the webcam allow players to identify cards?

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12

Re: Online Play Session

Post by Wargfn » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:55 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:44 pm
Have you done this before with other card games? If so, how well does the webcam allow players to identify cards?
I have played a lot of games this way. My circle of friends that i play games with live in upstate New York, New Jersey, and Cambridge. So I am currently playing in a Arkham Horror Campaign via Hangouts, we have completed the Dunwich Cycle, all of the Standalone Scenarios, and one Game into Carcosa. I have also played Ashes, Dice Masters, Pathfinder ACGs, and L5R this way. Each game has its own unique challenges, but works rather well. A 720p camera is all that is need to get clear enough pictures.