Online Play Session

Find players, arrange a game, or announce an upcoming local event
Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Online Play Session

Post by Wargfn » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:53 am

I will be hosting an Online Play session this Saturday 3/30/2019. Probably start around 3PM EDT and end when I get tired of playing. My main goal is to record some footage of what I call Solo+ play; however, if you want to learn how to play TravellerCCG, or really any game, online I will be glad to show you.

My normal Hangout spot is this Google Hangout. All you need is a web browser to watch.

To play, is a little more difficult, you will need a web camera, obviously to show your cards, and a shareable text list of your Adventure card deck. If you are using one of the standard starter decks, I have the card listings for each of them so it will be quicker.

Anyway, I will post here to this message when I start and when I stop so, you only have to check here to see if I am still having fun.

OVERVIEW of How Playing Works via Hangouts:
Needed Items:
  • Webcamera, with enough definition to see the play area reasonably well.
  • Legal Deck and a Text List of all the cards in your deck
  • Copy of all of the Contracts that your opponent is using, from their deck list
  • Some other markers for face down unknown complications. I have 12 sleeved blank cards for this purpose.
  • Supply of tokens
  • Microphone for Voice communications
  • And Some Patience and willingness to communicate
Basic Setup:
With your web camera pointing at your play mat, you will exchange your list of contracts with your opponent and set the needed cards off to the side from their deck. I usually arrange my opponents cards in alphabetical order. In a two player game your opponent will 'own' two of the contract slots along with complications.

So on your side of the board, you will have your two contracts and your opponent's two contracts pulled by name from their pile of contract cards. You will also have your two decks and your ship. When doing the initial seeding of the face down complications, you will play your complications as normal, draw a card from your adventure deck and place it face down onto the contract. For your opponent's two contract slots, you will draw a 'blank' place marker card and place on the contracts. In the Adventure Phase, you will draw your card and place it face down on a contract as normal. You will place a 'blank' placeholder card for the complication your opponent drew and place it on the correct contract. YOU WILL NOT REVEAL the complication name yet.

In the Resolution Phase, you will need to take some EXTRA Care, when it is time to reveal all of the complications on a contract, a 'blank' placeholder card has to be replaced with the complication your opponent placed onto that contract.

All of the other interactions and timings are unchanged. Although, I usually find it good practice to hold Events and Heroics up for the opponent to see and make it VERY clear verbally what actions you are taking.

Any Stay Safe in the Mains and maybe I will get to chat with you on Saturday.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: Online Play Session

Post by Horizon Jeff » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:23 pm

I am sadly out of town Saturday, but I will definitely try to get to the next one, and if the video gets hosted somewhere, I'll watch it afterwards for sure!

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Starting now, Will be just hanging out for a few hours, playing. Play, Chat, Talk, Hangout, come join the link. I will play solo, answer questions and take challengers on the Mains.

Wargfn

Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Done playing for Tonight on Hangouts. PM me or message me if you want to find a game sometime.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks for the game, was fun! Sorry I'm so incompetent with the set up.