Gazelle

The home for Traveller CCG Solo Play fans.
Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Gazelle

Post by Cpt Ric » Wed May 13, 2020 5:28 am

I've been working on a deck for the Gazelle :ship , just been playing the "SCN 1: Alone in the dark" a few times to work out the kinks. It's an interesting ship. The capacity of :military :passengermilitary make it rough when filling contracts. I find I need a decent amount of :event like Pretty Penny and :connection like Free Trader Network to help fill in the gaps. There are just too few :contract and :complication that are :military that I find most of the :contract on the table I have to get something my ship doesn't have. I may play around with the :contract / :complication cards more for this deck.

Oh and the Rhal'Kais Corairs :complication is a killer!! I had to toss my entire hand a few times ACK! It might be a bit much. If you're open to change on this one I'd recommend "...randomly discard half (rounded up) of all cards with :ev of 1". That would still be pretty rough more often than not. I know that this was supposed to "hurt" more than the Luxury Tax :complication, and it sure does, I think it's a bit over the top.

- Ric :ship

Traveller-Jake

Free Trader Network Member Easter Egg
Term 1
Medals:2

Re: Gazelle

Post by Traveller-Jake » Mon May 18, 2020 10:25 am

My own basic Gazelle deck uses :contract that only need one :passenger , to fill out the deck. Stuff with high :distance Isn't really a barrier to the Gazelle, so you can use "Reach for the Stars" or "Home One Last Time" much more easily than you could in a Beowulf deck.

Iron Giant

Easter Egg
Medals:1

Post by Iron Giant » Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 am

The Type HT Bounty Hunter ship deck also has the same native abilities and 4 additional :contract cards, which I found useful in my Gazelle deck as well.
"You are who you choose to be. Choose."

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7

Post by Cpt Ric » Tue May 19, 2020 4:25 am

Iron Giant wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 am
The Type HT Bounty Hunter ship deck also has the same native abilities and 4 additional :contract cards, which I found useful in my Gazelle deck as well.
Yes it does! Why I didn't look at that before is a mystery to me. Thanks for the tip! I'll add those in next time. :ally