Individual Ships Print on Demand Interest Check

General Discussion for the Traveller Customizable Card Game community.
Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Individual Ships Print on Demand Interest Check

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:49 pm

The Traveller RPG has a lot of ships we'd never design an entire ship deck around.

But would there be interest in ships available individually from a print on demand service, probably for around $5 for a single card or small pack (maybe a few adventure cards to go with the ship)?

I'm thinking vessels like the 200 ton Safari Ship, somewhat less common than the standard free traders, but still recognizably familiar.

windforce

Free Trader Network Member
Term 1
Medals:1

Re: Individual Ships Print on Demand Interest Check

Post by windforce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 am

I am certainly interested!
Such is life and it gets sucher every day.

Mithgiladan

Shadow Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution
Term 1
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by Mithgiladan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:56 pm

I would also be interested
Especially if there was the option to create a card for the ship my players use IMTU
We've already done specialized Challenge Coins, ship patches, etc....
tc+ mt+ mgt tn t20 t4 t5 tg th tccg ru+ ge+ 3i C jt- au+ ls pi ta- he+ KK hi+ as++ va+ dr ith vr ne so h vi da sy
www.usedstarships.com

Traveller-Jake

Free Trader Network Member Easter Egg
Term 1

Post by Traveller-Jake » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:07 am

I would be interested. The Seeker, the Yacht, the Lab Ship (lots of :survey ) or the Corsair - or even better, the Vargr Corsair. An Xboat might be interesting just for being a :jump 4 :ship . It wouldn't have much in the way of capability or room for :upgrade, though.
A Kinunir Colonial Cruiser would be cool, but that would be a larger ship than the Mercenary Cruiser.

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 am

Traveller-Jake wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:07 am
I would be interested. The Seeker, the Yacht, the Lab Ship (lots of :survey ) or the Corsair - or even better, the Vargr Corsair. An Xboat might be interesting just for being a :jump 4 :ship . It wouldn't have much in the way of capability or room for :upgrade, though.
A Kinunir Colonial Cruiser would be cool, but that would be a larger ship than the Mercenary Cruiser.
We just released the Gazelle print-on-demand. A Kinunir would be cool, but as you mentioned larger than we want to expand the game into.

Lab Ship and Yacht are definitely something we'd like to do. Since we plan to do the 100 ton Bounty Hunter, the Seeker is probably at the back of the line, but it would be neat.

Maybe a Solomani or Sword World ship may make sense at some point.

Freeloading Phill

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Boardgamegeek Rating
Medals:3

Post by Freeloading Phill » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:51 am

It's great to see the Gazelle available on DriveThru.

However, for me, the cost of shipping (to Australia) is so high that I will wait for at least 3 ships to be available if the releases are going to be frequent enough.

It would be great to have an indication of release frequency or even if there would be bundled versions every now and again.

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Freeloading Phill wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:51 am
It's great to see the Gazelle available on DriveThru.

However, for me, the cost of shipping (to Australia) is so high that I will wait for at least 3 ships to be available if the releases are going to be frequent enough.

It would be great to have an indication of release frequency or even if there would be bundled versions every now and again.
Yeah. We're looking into other print on demand services, but they don't seem as common as in North America.

NightHydra

Miscellaneous Contribution
Medals:1
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by NightHydra » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:02 pm

Necroing a long ago thread. Wanted to chime in.

The POD ship mini decks are such a great execution and work well for this kind of game. If you needed more material, fan contests would enable you to easily put out 3-6 more of these mini decks. The diversity of these products is why I got the retail set that I did. It almost doubled the available builds, and really expanded the direction of the construction process.

I also appreciate that Gazelle and Bounty Hunter are not dead in solo as Scenraios 5 and 3, respectively, seem a good fit. Now if there were a way to get Piracy properly into a Solo Scenario... it would be good. Also, making the Broadsword a POD would be a super easy fix for people like me who would gripe about hard to acquire promos. Honestly just suggesting. The game is a puzzle I want to unravel with or without it.
Last edited by NightHydra on Fri May 01, 2020 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7

Post by Cpt Ric » Fri May 01, 2020 4:17 am

Over in the Lone Wolf section there has been some chatter recently about a Solo print on demand pack. I think the idea is mostly around some :contract and :complication that are more geared for solo play, and not a :ship . I would expect to make it a good pack it would have something else in it maybe some :crew or :upgrade or :gear . Maybe a :ship . Could be anything else really. But I'd really like to see some :contract and :complication with a solo use in mind.