TravellerDB Update 4/10/2019

General Discussion for the Traveller Customizable Card Game community.
Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
TravellerDB Update 4/10/2019

Post by Wargfn » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Okay so I have been working on some quality of life improvements inside of TravellerDB. Normally these updates happen and dont really affect anything other than, hey there is a new page or a new set of functionality. However, I need to upgrade the PHP version on the website to a newer version. Which means installing a lot of refactored code for the website to continue working. I am expecting to drop a Site Maintenance page during the outage.

My plan is to do the upgrades on 4/10/2019 sometime between 8PM EDT and 10PM EDT. I have a test run on a similarly configured test site scheduled for Tuesday 4/9/2019. Again, this is a pretty big deal with a lot of moving parts. I will try to get everything back to acceptable working order as quickly as possible. For sure, I am expecting Deck building to be impacted until I update some templates and the view controllers.

Once on the other side of this upgrade, we will have some pretty nice enhancements completed.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: TravellerDB Update 4/10/2019

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Thanks for all your hard work! TravellerDB is a great resource!

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12

Re: TravellerDB Update 4/10/2019

Post by Wargfn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Upgrade is in place, a little later than expected, but we are done and taking issues again. If you find something send me a PM, email or log a bug at GitHub.