Virtual Traveller CCG

General Discussion for the Traveller Customizable Card Game community.
abouffard

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Virtual Traveller CCG

Post by abouffard » Fri May 15, 2020 9:56 pm

In this COVID-19 affected world we live in it would sure be nice if there was a digital way to play this game, with others, or solitaire.

Any further progress on the electronic version?

Is there a Vassal module or Table Top Simulator version of Traveller CCG?

Thanks

--Andy

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7

Re: Virtual Traveller CCG

Post by Cpt Ric » Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 am

I've been thinking about trying to come up with a way to play via WebEx, Zoom, Skype or like. The game would be different for sure since moving cards from one player to another would be difficult/impossible, like adding a :complication to the other players :contract . Maybe just don't do that. You can only add them to your :contract . I guess it would be sort-a-like a solo game for each player, but you could at least do piracy and affect the other player's :ship and :crew . And you could go for the other players :contract .

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12

Post by Wargfn » Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 am

I have been working on a TTS Module. Here is a link to the Workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2035377490

Currently, It has the 4 starter ship decks in bags on the table, along with two stacks of all the cards. The Major Resource Tokens are present, but I ahve not had a chance to create all of the other tokens as of yet. It specifically was setup for Single Player but with a little work could be used for two player. A table mat switch is in the works as a TBD.

Deck Building is a pain for sure; however, once oyu get your deck built you can easily save it by Right clicking on the deck and selecting Save Object. You must be promoted in order to load a deck but that is pretty easy. I am thinking of using the token sheet that was published recently because dice make easy trackers. At least until I can get the reset of the tokens finished.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am

Wargfn wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 am

Currently, It has the 4 starter ship decks in bags on the table, along with two stacks of all the cards. The Major Resource Tokens are present, but I ahve not had a chance to create all of the other tokens as of yet. It specifically was setup for Single Player but with a little work could be used for two player. A table mat switch is in the works as a TBD.

Deck Building is a pain for sure; however, once oyu get your deck built you can easily save it by Right clicking on the deck and selecting Save Object. You must be promoted in order to load a deck but that is pretty easy. I am thinking of using the token sheet that was published recently because dice make easy trackers. At least until I can get the reset of the tokens finished.
That's really cool.

After the digital version failed to fund, I messed around with TTS, but I wasn't any good at it so I didn't manage to make much progress.

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am
Wargfn wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 am
That's really cool.

After the digital version failed to fund, I messed around with TTS, but I wasn't any good at it so I didn't manage to make much progress.
As a Side note, Whomever is TV on BoardGamerGeek whom created that nice little Token sheet for tracking with Dice, made my job of finishing up the tokens a slam dunk. So all the tokens are in the module now and I am working on the other mats to change the single Player layout to multiple variations. (Dual, Quad, and blank space). Depends on how much 'free' time I get this week.

Wargfn

Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:22 pm

I just posted an update to the TravellerCCG Mod, basically two updates:

Big Huge Thank You to Hitch for helping get the Deck Importer Online.

Two huge changes this update:
1) All of the Cards have been migrated into deck formats, this will fix stacking and shuffling issues.
2) You can now import decks using the deck importer to directly import your custom ship decks from TravellerDB[travellerdb.com].

Remember that you can easily resize cards by using the + or - while the deck or card is selected.

The importer needs you to use the Public Shared Deck ID into the Text box then press build. The Importer can not access deck lists that are not published.

so for example, https://travellerdb.com/decklist/view/2 ... icians-2.0 deck list, the deck ID is 28, which is the number between /view/ and /{Deck Name}.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:35 am

Wargfn wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:22 pm
I just posted an update to the TravellerCCG Mod, basically two updates:

Big Huge Thank You to Hitch for helping get the Deck Importer Online.

Two huge changes this update:
1) All of the Cards have been migrated into deck formats, this will fix stacking and shuffling issues.
2) You can now import decks using the deck importer to directly import your custom ship decks from TravellerDB[travellerdb.com].

Remember that you can easily resize cards by using the + or - while the deck or card is selected.

The importer needs you to use the Public Shared Deck ID into the Text box then press build. The Importer can not access deck lists that are not published.

so for example, https://travellerdb.com/decklist/view/2 ... icians-2.0 deck list, the deck ID is 28, which is the number between /view/ and /{Deck Name}.
Great work! I'm not super familiar with TTS, but I guess I'll have to learn now!

Wargfn

Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:59 pm

I am working on the export feature on TravellerDB right now. So basically you will be able to go to a deck and press the Export button and then select TTS and it will download a saved object. Just move/save that object in your TTS-> Saved Objects folder, and then start up TTS and then select Object saved Objects, deck to run it.

I have the logic all worked out and manually crafting Decks right now as TTS Saved Objects.. All that is left is to code every card for TTS import and then finish pushing the code. Hopefully by weeks end that will be working as well.

AS FOR TTS itself, one of my LEAST favorite Desktop Board Game emulators. But it is widely adopted and pretty cheap if you can catch it on its $9 sale. Anyway, if people have issues with missing cards or something not working. Just hit me up and send me the deck having issues and I will go figure it out. I mean it isn't like I coded 275 cards in a weekend while looking between LUA scripting and PHP Coding.

Wargfn

Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:39 am

TravellerDB now is supporting exports from the 'My Decks' deck lists to a TTS saved object. A couple of caveats about this expoort currently:
  • If you did not save a ship to your deck, it will not import a ship, just grab one off the table
  • The 60 card Captain's deck will come out of the bag as one group, while the Ship and Adventure deck will come out of the bag one at a time (this is a bug I am working on)
  • To properly see the TTS saved object, you will need to save it or move it to Documents -> My Games -> Tabletop Simulator -> Saves -> Saved Objects {-> Possible Saved Directory}
  • In TTS, you then will select the Module, then Objects (from the top menu) -> Saved Objects -> Then look for your deck name (will have a ? for an image)
I will be working on getting the downloads working with the published decklists shortly. Although you can import these in the module itself.
May the Mains be Clear for you Captain.

Wargfn

Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 am

abouffard wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:56 pm
Any further progress on the electronic version?

Is there a Vassal module or Table Top Simulator version of Traveller CCG?
Table Top Simulator Module is Here. TravellerDB now supports two different ways to get your decks into this mod. First, is you can export your deck or any published deck to TTS Saved Object format. Second, within the mod there is a small pad on the top right that will import into TTS any published deck. A published deck is one that you can find via Decklists. Decks located in "My Decks" can not be pulled into TTS this way; however, you can export them ().

I have a Vassal Module that I have been playing with during all of my play-testing as that is my preferred way to play deck based games. It is pretty rough around the edges right now. I am hoping to get more polish on it in the next few weeks and release it to the Vassal community. I have a lot of stuff I need to do to get it into a release state (Like removing all of the play-test cards to their own ext.).

OctGN platform. I am some what familiar with this platform. I feel like a push into this platform is very possible and probably at this point minimal effort. But I haven't had a chance to examine the indexing system and packaging. No one that I am aware of has asked for TravellerCCG onto this platform.

LackeyCCG is another great free platform to play card games online. I have used this to play a variety of games. And while I have used it, I do not have any programming knowledge or experience implementing games using this platform. I am also not aware of anyone that wanted TravellerCCG on the platform. Again, I think it might be easy to get the game cards into the system. The tokens are probably the issue; however, we do have a die based counter that could be converted easily enough.

I did back the Kickstarter for the digital app version of the game. I LOVED the idea of this and the implementation looked very interesting. As a programmer hobbyist, I would be interested in contributing / finishing as a volunteer. But I don't work for Horizon Games and don't have access to existing source code. And this would be a project once involved with might take a lot of weekends and nights to get to a working point. I was pretty crushed 12/21 when the Kickstarter was cancelled. And not much of a word about it again. Jeff / Ian, if Matt is willing to part with his work for the community project. Of course, I am sure he will want to be compensated for his work and then there are issues with digital transactions. Again, not sure the rights or state of things/relationships. I would love to play the demo in the least.