TravellerDB Closing

General Discussion for the Traveller Customizable Card Game community.
Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
TravellerDB Closing

Post by Wargfn » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 am

TravellerDB is coming up on its renewal on 2/11/2022. At that point the domain and hosting expires. The cost to run the site for 1 year is $222 and for 2 years is $444. Unfortunately, my motivation to keep the site running as well as my justification for this amount of expense will not allow the site to continue. If I get enough PayPal donations, I could keep the site open for another year, but there are some upgrades that do need to happen and I dont know if I will have the time to complete them.

Part of me is sad to see it go. But sometimes things must die to be reborn.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Re: TravellerDB Closing

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:10 pm

Wargfn wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 am
TravellerDB is coming up on its renewal on 2/11/2022. At that point the domain and hosting expires. The cost to run the site for 1 year is $222 and for 2 years is $444. Unfortunately, my motivation to keep the site running as well as my justification for this amount of expense will not allow the site to continue. If I get enough PayPal donations, I could keep the site open for another year, but there are some upgrades that do need to happen and I dont know if I will have the time to complete them.

Part of me is sad to see it go. But sometimes things must die to be reborn.
I'd be sad to see it close for sure, it's been an excellent resource and very well done too! Is it a matter of hosting space? We may be able to help there, if you'd like to send us an email with details.

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 am

Right now it is strictly because of the cost. I just can't afford the $221 for 1 Year hosting right now. Between working a full-time job and getting recertified in Fire/EMS, my budget just won't allow it.

Wargfn

Twitter YouTube
Term 3

Post by Wargfn » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:07 am

Honestly, I would love to see this project continue releasing items, because the game is pretty unique.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 am

Wargfn wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:05 am
Right now it is strictly because of the cost. I just can't afford the $221 for 1 Year hosting right now. Between working a full-time job and getting recertified in Fire/EMS, my budget just won't allow it.
Oh yeah for sure, totally understand. We may be able to provide hosting if I can get a sense of the requirements. Obviously you'd retain full control.