Solo Play Saturdays!

The home for Traveller CCG Solo Play fans.
windforce

Free Trader Network Member
Term 1
Medals:1
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Re: Solo Play Saturdays!

Post by windforce » Mon May 06, 2019 5:44 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:29 am
windforce wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 am
Horizon Jeff wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow, Buffbot made the cut?
Well, with George Z, Aminah D and Aokhyuk and BB 3000 I can cover more or less every skill without the need to immediatewly sacrifice Aokhyuk.
Some Cognition Wafers are helpful for the Expert skills. Furthermore BB is very cheap.

Never underestimate our metal friends.
But that's four distinct :crew, and the Scout only has three :crew slots.
O, sorry, I had not grasped that the challenge was only for the Scout.
I flew Beowulf which has 4 :crew therefore I chose the four I mentioned
Such is life and it gets sucher every day.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Mon May 06, 2019 4:06 pm

windforce wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:44 am
Horizon Jeff wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:29 am
windforce wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 am

Well, with George Z, Aminah D and Aokhyuk and BB 3000 I can cover more or less every skill without the need to immediatewly sacrifice Aokhyuk.
Some Cognition Wafers are helpful for the Expert skills. Furthermore BB is very cheap.

Never underestimate our metal friends.
But that's four distinct :crew, and the Scout only has three :crew slots.
O, sorry, I had not grasped that the challenge was only for the Scout.
I flew Beowulf which has 4 :crew therefore I chose the four I mentioned
Oh, it'a not only for the Scout. I don't know why, for some reason I just assumed that was the ship you used. Nicely done!

Lukiedew
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Solo Play Saturdays

Post by Lukiedew » Sun May 19, 2019 10:28 am

I have a question : I remember thet STFC used to play in solo mode also but in the new version seems that cant do it no more, because the map not appearing in off line mode. Anyone can help me with that?

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Re: Solo Play Saturdays

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sun May 19, 2019 6:12 pm

Lukiedew wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:28 am
I have a question : I remember thet STFC used to play in solo mode also but in the new version seems that cant do it no more, because the map not appearing in off line mode. Anyone can help me with that?
Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what STFC is or which map you're referencing. Are you sure you're talking about the Traveller Customizable Card Game?

windforce

Term 1

Post by windforce » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:25 am

It has been a while since I played this great game, but this weekend with all the work done and a heatwave outside, I built and played variant :ship Beowulf decks in search for glory.

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:37 pm

6/1/19, "Gotta Jiggle the Handle"
As an additional cost to generate any :upgrade ability, you must exert a :crew.
This one was pretty easy. I hardly had to exert any :crew for other abilities/actions so exerting for the :upgrade abilities offered no problems.

6/8/19, "Uneventful"
All :event are worth 1 less :ev .
This challenge was annoying, but I quickly discovered it was better to discard :crew for :ev and then Freelance them in. Still I had only 5 cards left in my deck on reaching the 20 :vp .

6/15/19, "Cash is King"
During the Procurement Phase, all cards gain the Cash keyword (you may only pay their cost by expending cards from hand).
I solved this one by building my board position with :crew , :connection , :upgrade and :gear during the first three rounds. Thus emptying my hand every time, but since I was not committed there was no need for other payments.
Once the board was set, I was hardly ever bothered again by the Cash requirement.
Fun idea!

6/22/19, "Subprime Mortgage"
You require an additional 5 :vp to win.
Obviously it took a bit longer but never in jeopardy of bankruptcy.

7/6/19, "Aliens are Among Us"
You may only include non-Human :crew in your captain's deck.
I love non-humans, so I enjoyed the build and the ride to 20 VP.

7/13/19, "Just Can't Get Ahead"
Your captain's deck may only contain 30 cards, but whenever you would go bankrupt, instead of going bankrupt, shuffle your discard pile into your captain's deck. Then, lose one-half your :vp , rounded up and gain a Backslide counter.

If you have three or more backslide counters, you lose.
This was an very challenging one. After a first try, I again concentrated on building a board during the first rounds without committing to :contract .
Once I arrived at my first Backslide counter, I lost not :vp, reshuffled my deck and my board was ready for space travel. Managed to achieve 20 :vp even before getting a second Backslide counter.

7/20/19, "Hostiles"
At the end of the round, jettison any :crew without either Armor or Concealed.

This last one was a lovely challenge. Rebuilt my deck mainly by including :crew Voipa, :crew Flint (Buffbot is already a staple in my deck).
I was lucky enough to attach a :gear Body Pistol to Flint, allowing him to exert for only 1 :wounds to a companion (wonderful that Buffbot has Armor).
Also benefited from running into :complication Interspecies Infection which kept Flint exerted for another round without cost.

Thus I could keep my :crew long enough alive to amass some glory in the Traveller's Cafe.

I think the greatest thing about this challenges is not so much achieving the required amount of :vp , but more the deckbuilding and trying out cards which I normally rarely use.

For next weekend I will try these again, but then with the Type S Scout.

Happy Travelling

Horizon Ian

Term 3

Post by Horizon Ian » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks for letting us know about your games. There should be a new article soon where I get into how we are interested in what the players are looking for out of the game. So, thoughts on why certain scenarios are fun or not fun can be helpful to us as we try to provide the tools to let people play the sort of game they want to play.
:connection
Ian Lee
Lead Developer
:connection

windforce

Term 1

Post by windforce » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:20 am

Horizon Ian wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:06 pm
Thanks for letting us know about your games. There should be a new article soon where I get into how we are interested in what the players are looking for out of the game. So, thoughts on why certain scenarios are fun or not fun can be helpful to us as we try to provide the tools to let people play the sort of game they want to play.
Looking forward to the article.
After building the decks for and playing all saturday solo challenges (until now) I think I had the most fun with the following challenges:

Understudies
Better to have and not to need
Beyond the scope
Cash is King
Aliens are among us
Hostiles

Most of the challenges mentioned require me to completely rebuild my decks (instead of tweaking/slight changes) and make me play with other cards than I normally do. This ensures new playing experiences. 'Cash is King' for example is not only hard to do, but requires me to completely change my strategy in order top succeed.
The other challenges were OK too, do not get me wrong, but the ones I listed gave me most enjoyment.
All these different challenges keep confirming what a wonderful game Traveller CCG is. By far my favourite solo game.

Thank you so much! :ally

windforce

Term 1

Post by windforce » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 am

windforce wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:25 am
It has been a while since I played this great game, but this weekend with all the work done and a heatwave outside, I built and played variant :ship Beowulf decks in search for glory.

Horizon Jeff wrote:

7/20/19, "Hostiles"
At the end of the round, jettison any :crew without either Armor or Concealed.

This last one was a lovely challenge. Rebuilt my deck mainly by including :crew Voipa, :crew Flint (Buffbot is already a staple in my deck).
I was lucky enough to attach a :gear Body Pistol to Flint, allowing him to exert for only 1 :wounds to a companion (wonderful that Buffbot has Armor).
Also benefited from running into :complication Interspecies Infection which kept Flint exerted for another round without cost.

Thus I could keep my :crew long enough alive to amass some glory in the Traveller's Cafe.
Realised later that I played it wrongly, since Flint himself does not have concealed, so he should have been jettisoned at the end of the round. :oops:
Will replay it again to redeem myself.

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:59 am

windforce wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:25 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:

7/20/19, "Hostiles"

Realised later that I played it wrongly, since Flint himself does not have concealed, so he should have been jettisoned at the end of the round. :oops:
Will replay it again to redeem myself.
How did the re-match go?

windforce

Term 1

Post by windforce » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:14 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:59 am

How did the re-match go?
Way harder. I managed to achieve victory on the brink of bankruptcy. Especially :crew that keeps leaving play makes consistency very hard.
That means that you have to rely heavily on :event like Consultant Call and Freelancer.
On the other hand, the harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory!