Playtesting First Solo Campaign

The home for Traveller CCG Solo Play fans.
Horizon Ian

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 3
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Playtesting First Solo Campaign

Post by Horizon Ian » Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 pm

The first solo campaign cards are now available to playtesters in the restricted access playtest subforum.

Why mention that in the non-playtest subforum? Maybe someone who doesn't have access wants to volunteer to be a playtester. In the past, most playtesting was focused on two-player play, with much less for different numbers of players. That might have provided limited incentive to solo players wanting to help playtest. With as much solo play as we've seen, solo play has become much more of a concern to us, and there may be solo play fans who want to help playtest.

A couple of comments about the downsides of CCG playtesting. Good playtesting is work - print out cards, cut out cards, sleeve cards (more relevant outside of solo play, perhaps) are not things that playtesters think about until they've done it a few times and realize how tedious that is. Also, it's a lot better to actually play cards rather than just read them and give thoughts, again, though, solo play is a very different animal as it doesn't require getting other playtesters together at the same time. Playtesters also get spoilers, which sounds cool at first but may lead to less excitement when product does get produced.
:connection
Ian Lee
Lead Developer
:connection

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals:12

Re: Playtesting First Solo Campaign

Post by Wargfn » Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am

I am really ecited to see you guys moving this direction for additional content.By no means would I expect solo play to be 100% of the game, but having more solo play options is great.

tiqdreng

Free Trader Network Member
Medals:1
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by tiqdreng » Tue May 26, 2020 9:02 am

Solo Playtest opportunities? Please sign me up! Hopefully being new to the game, and site, won't be a problem?

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7

Post by Cpt Ric » Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Wargfn wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 am
I am really ecited to see you guys moving this direction for additional content.By no means would I expect solo play to be 100% of the game, but having more solo play options is great.
For me it's about 99.9% of my play. So yea, the solo aspect needs some serious attention from my point of view.

korric
Term 1

Post by korric » Fri May 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Same. For any player count of 2 or more, I have several games that I would rather play than this one. For solo play, however, this is one of my go-to's. It's better as a solo game imo, and I would love to see more support for solo play.

NYZouave

Post by NYZouave » Fri May 29, 2020 3:15 pm

FYI, Ricky Royal is one of more popular Youtubers who focus on solo gaming. He just posted a solo playthrough of the first mission and it already has 1,754 views. I think you can expect a lot more interest in this game from solo players.

:D

https://youtu.be/0EiENSwbfTI

Iron Giant

Easter Egg
Medals:1

Post by Iron Giant » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:45 am

How can I join?
"You are who you choose to be. Choose."

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Iron Giant wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:45 am
How can I join?
Check your PMs!

andrew.wilson

Post by andrew.wilson » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:15 pm

Is there still a chance to join this playtest? I have only just gotten into the game but enjoying it immensely. Strictly solo player.

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:14 pm

andrew.wilson wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:15 pm
Is there still a chance to join this playtest? I have only just gotten into the game but enjoying it immensely. Strictly solo player.
Thanks for your interest! At the moment, that particular project is on hold. We've shifted to a different development priority, though we do intend to circle back when we can.