Solo Play Scenario 5 Now Live!

The home for Traveller CCG Solo Play fans.
Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals:2
Player Locator:Enrolled in the Player Locator
Solo Play Scenario 5 Now Live!

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:51 am

We've released our fifth Solo Play Scenario, It's Getting Crowded in My Sky! This is the first time we've tried to add piracy/ship combat to solo play.

Captains are still focused on trying to get 20 :vp, but they have to do it while being stalked by the Vulture!

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 3
Medals:7

Re: Solo Play Scenario 5 Now Live!

Post by Cpt Ric » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 am

Coolness. This will give me some good practice on pricey something I don't do much in solo play. :)

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 pm

Cpt Ric wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 am
Coolness. This will give me some good practice on pricey something I don't do much in solo play. :)
This scenario is important to us because it's the first time we've tried to add piracy to solo play, but it's a pretty limited format because the pirate is an enemy.

We still need to come up with a scenario where the player can take on the role of a pirate, but we haven't quite figured out the mechanics for it yet.

windforce

Free Trader Network Member
Term 1
Medals:1

Post by windforce » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Beat this scenario tonight. :D

I posted my decklist on the TravellerDB website (My sky is less crowded now).

It was a bit of a puzzle how to tackle this scenario.
Especial useful was searching with :connection Llaezgko's Surplus Outlet to find :upgrade Sureshot Missile Turret, which helps you to get rid of 2 Raiders Counters. :event Just a little longer brings the :upgrade back for a second time.
So you can keep The Vulture long enough from growing too big to handle.

Personally I found this the most interesting scenario of all 5 official scenario's. Scenario 2 was by far the hardest to achieve 20 VP.

In addition: I piloted the Beowulf to success in this scenario.
Next I will try :ship Type S Scout. Assume it will be a lot harder, due to limited :upgrade options and lower tonnage (no Missile Barbette).
Such is life and it gets sucher every day.

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:23 pm

Using recursion to get back the SureShot is a clever strategy!

windforce

Term 1

Post by windforce » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:09 pm

windforce wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm
Next I will try :ship Type S Scout. Assume it will be a lot harder, due to limited :upgrade options and lower tonnage (no Missile Barbette).
Tonight I succeeded at the third attempt with Type S Scout. As expected this was harder than Beowulf. During the first try I came :credit1 short of success. I needed to pay for a Bwap Advisors and a Consultant Call, to get the :contract and a :subplot . I could use my Scout to pay for one of those cards, but my last card (no more cards in hand) was a 1 :ev . Excruciatingly close.
The second attempt was disastrous. At a certain time the Vulture had 12 Raider tokens and I had no more :upgrade .
The third time I started with 2 Sureshot Missile Turret, 1 Just a Little Longer and 3 different :crew . That became a ride in the park.

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:44 pm

windforce wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:09 pm
windforce wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 pm
Tonight I succeeded at the third attempt with Type S Scout. As expected this was harder than Beowulf. During the first try I came :credit1 short of success. I needed to pay for a Bwap Advisors and a Consultant Call, to get the :contract and a :subplot . I could use my Scout to pay for one of those cards, but my last card (no more cards in hand) was a 1 :ev . Excruciatingly close.
The second attempt was disastrous. At a certain time the Vulture had 12 Raider tokens and I had no more :upgrade .
The third time I started with 2 Sureshot Missile Turret, 1 Just a Little Longer and 3 different :crew . That became a ride in the park.
Was it the same deck each time?

windforce

Term 1

Post by windforce » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:25 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:44 pm
Was it the same deck each time?
Due to the capabilty token which the Scout has, the main differences were in some other adventure cards (Stellar Luminosity Study, Red Zone Prospecting) which have other :complication so I added 2 Body Pistols. A few slight changes furthermore such as Stellar Anomaly Log. With hindsight: I should have replaced the latter with Modular Hold or LSP Multi Phased Array. Because too often I could not meet the Capability token demand and my Bwap Advisors were having a drink elsewhere.

NightHydra

Miscellaneous Contribution
Player Locator:Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Post by NightHydra » Sun May 03, 2020 8:22 pm

If I want to go on the offensive, can the Raiders be targeted for actual Piracy, and will Hacker's Chainsaw work?
From what I am interpreting, yes. If so, will I also gain Infamy for using Piracy as normal?

Horizon Jeff

Term 4

Post by Horizon Jeff » Wed May 06, 2020 1:33 pm

NightHydra wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:22 pm
If I want to go on the offensive, can the Raiders be targeted for actual Piracy, and will Hacker's Chainsaw work?
From what I am interpreting, yes. If so, will I also gain Infamy for using Piracy as normal?
Under the strictest reading of the rules, no, because the raiders aren't "controlled by an opposing captain." I think it would be a fine house rule though, and we'll talk about it internally as we work on the errata.

If you could pirate them, then yes Hacker's Chainsaw would work, though you couldn't get the :vp for destroying :computer.