Virtual Traveller CCG

General Discussion for the Traveller Customizable Card Game community.
abouffard

Kickstarter Backer
Medals: 1
Player Locator: Not enrolled in the Player Locator

Virtual Traveller CCG

Post by abouffard » Fri May 15, 2020 9:56 pm

In this COVID-19 affected world we live in it would sure be nice if there was a digital way to play this game, with others, or solitaire.

Any further progress on the electronic version?

Is there a Vassal module or Table Top Simulator version of Traveller CCG?

Thanks

--Andy

Cpt Ric

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Easter Egg Miscellaneous Contribution Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Twitter
Term 2
Medals: 7
Player Locator: Enrolled in the Player Locator

Re: Virtual Traveller CCG

Post by Cpt Ric » Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 am

I've been thinking about trying to come up with a way to play via WebEx, Zoom, Skype or like. The game would be different for sure since moving cards from one player to another would be difficult/impossible, like adding a :complication to the other players :contract . Maybe just don't do that. You can only add them to your :contract . I guess it would be sort-a-like a solo game for each player, but you could at least do piracy and affect the other player's :ship and :crew . And you could go for the other players :contract .

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals: 12

Post by Wargfn » Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 am

I have been working on a TTS Module. Here is a link to the Workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2035377490

Currently, It has the 4 starter ship decks in bags on the table, along with two stacks of all the cards. The Major Resource Tokens are present, but I ahve not had a chance to create all of the other tokens as of yet. It specifically was setup for Single Player but with a little work could be used for two player. A table mat switch is in the works as a TBD.

Deck Building is a pain for sure; however, once oyu get your deck built you can easily save it by Right clicking on the deck and selecting Save Object. You must be promoted in order to load a deck but that is pretty easy. I am thinking of using the token sheet that was published recently because dice make easy trackers. At least until I can get the reset of the tokens finished.

Horizon Jeff

Merchant Prince Free Trader Network Member
Term 4
Medals: 2

Post by Horizon Jeff » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am

Wargfn wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 am

Currently, It has the 4 starter ship decks in bags on the table, along with two stacks of all the cards. The Major Resource Tokens are present, but I ahve not had a chance to create all of the other tokens as of yet. It specifically was setup for Single Player but with a little work could be used for two player. A table mat switch is in the works as a TBD.

Deck Building is a pain for sure; however, once oyu get your deck built you can easily save it by Right clicking on the deck and selecting Save Object. You must be promoted in order to load a deck but that is pretty easy. I am thinking of using the token sheet that was published recently because dice make easy trackers. At least until I can get the reset of the tokens finished.
That's really cool.

After the digital version failed to fund, I messed around with TTS, but I wasn't any good at it so I didn't manage to make much progress.

Wargfn

Free Trader Network Member Kickstarter Backer Shadow Easter Egg Easter Egg Community Honor Boardgamegeek Rating Facebook Google+ Pinterest Reddit
Twitter YouTube
Term 3
Medals: 12

Post by Wargfn » Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am

Horizon Jeff wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 am
Wargfn wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 am
That's really cool.

After the digital version failed to fund, I messed around with TTS, but I wasn't any good at it so I didn't manage to make much progress.
As a Side note, Whomever is TV on BoardGamerGeek whom created that nice little Token sheet for tracking with Dice, made my job of finishing up the tokens a slam dunk. So all the tokens are in the module now and I am working on the other mats to change the single Player layout to multiple variations. (Dual, Quad, and blank space). Depends on how much 'free' time I get this week.