- 1: I need an "Order of Play" card or sheet. It's rare that these appear on the back of game manuals, but it would be THE place to put it. I'm flipping thru the manual so much I need something else to use. That screams "Order of Play" cards. I'll need 4, one for each possible player. I may make an oversized one that has a bit of detail for each of the sub-phases.
- 2: a "First Player" Token. This can be anything, but since I like swag and to dress up my games, it'll be some sort of starship or something. Maybe Galactica, Executioner or a TIgress.
- 3: Player Tokens to place on Jobs or the Subsector Map (see #4). If I can, they wil be Traveller ship models 1-2" long. If not, they can be the ship cards or the ship card backs. I'm thinking to either take my premium Ship Cards and put them in hard case plastic, or to copy and print the ship card backs at half size onto 110 pound paper so they don't take as much room.
- 4: Subsector Map, well really a card with two areas: "Uncommitted" and "Piracy". The background would be a shaded subsector map, somewhere on the Spinward Main would be good. Player Tokens (#3 above) could be placed here during the adventure phase.
- 5: Wound, Damage and Misc. tokens. Yes we have them in cardboard, but dressing up my game requires me to use glass beads or cubes (the latter from the bgg store). Red for (Wounds), Smokey grey for (Ship damage), other colours for the misc. tokens called for by some cards. I might want to get something to indicate has been used, as I don't want to "tap" the card as that would make it look like it's been expended. (I understand the TM on "Tapped" by MTG has expired, so I'm not worried about using it here).
I've only gotten half way thru my Scout and Free Trader decks, there may be other effects I need tokens for, but I suspect having 3-4 colours for Misc effects as per #5 should cover that.
Anything I've missed? What would you use for any of the above? Do you know of any sources of Traveller Ship Models (ie Shapeways or whatever) ?